Thursday 9 May 2013

.....happy busy........

the flags were flying in Lyme last weekend......
.....for the jurassic fossil festival......



....but being a squirrel....
....i prefer the bank holiday monday festival...
....where all the fossils are replaced by
food and art!



...a huge tent sits right on the beach...
..the weather was spooky....


...bright beautiful sunshine inland...
...but a thick foggy mist out to sea!


..inside the tent are all sorts of lovely things to tempt...


(although sadly i'm allergic to seafood....
....but still thought these prawns looked amazing)


..i always head straight to my favourite stall..


who not only produces the most wonderful artwork...


...but also has other interesting vintage items....
...a few little treats i squirrelled....


...i still had time for a bit of vintage thrifting in lyme...
....i loved this basket the best...


...a £2.50 bargain!..


..a sweet little book...


...and some embroidered hand towels...

...it was so lovely to have the 'extra' day of holiday...
...so to soften the blow of going back to work 
i treated myself to this new Sarah Moore publication....


...it's just lovely and a must have 
for your bookshelf!


....looking forward to some more bedtime reading tonight!

X

p.s. apologies for funny pixelated pictures....
not only can i not upload photos from my computer...
....blogger is now playing me up as well...
...any bloggy advice greatly received!
thank-you!

7 comments:

  1. Technical advice limited I'm afraid but I do fancy getting the Sarah Moore book as I love her other one. Good squirreling x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - food and art all the way.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find the cute basket was & at such a great price! Also loving the hand towels as well.
    Thanks for the recommendation for the Sarah Moore's book......was wondering what it was like, also got my eye on the Cherry Menlove book as well.
    Natalie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post ,just go with Blogger some days it has a mind of it's own... Liking the look of that book might have to get that...love books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love Lyme I am always popping day there as its not far from here I love looking in their antique centre. Looks like you had a great day love your buys especially your basket. I tend to upload my photo's to picaso web and then they are quick to download them into your post it may be an option for you. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too I always use picassa sweetie...?
    love love the basket....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how gorgeous...just found you via a link on hettie brown, so pleased i did xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

....thank you so much for leaving a comment...i love to hear from you....x