Thursday 4 July 2013

......bunting love......

...one can never hang too much bunting....
...and i have quite a collection....


.....but i have just made myself
 some very special bunting.....


....as a little girl i spent my pocket money
on old lace....


...and having just rediscovered my
childhood stash whilst decluttering a wardrobe....


 ...i felt inspired to put it all to good use..


...oh and i added a few more
 recent finds too....


....i love the fact that each piece
holds a different memory...


....and that i can admire my younger self's 
 vintagey fabric beginnings...


....rather than it all being stuck in a box
at the back of a wardrobe.
x


19 comments:

  1. So pretty - that has inspired me
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh pretty and with a Dottie Angel teatowel in there too! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that looks lovely... a perfect idea for your memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect, especially as it has all those memories attached! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ Hello Miss Squirrel! Your bunting is simply, lovely! soo very unique and perfectly pretty for summer time frescoing in the garden! LOVE IT! Hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am smiling at my own comment! Now I know I speak my very own language as my family always says! ~ Of course it should read AL Frescoing! hehe! LOVE that bunting once again!

      Delete
  6. It's lovely, you obviously had good taste for a child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautifully unique and lovely! One really can never have too much bunting, it just adds prettiness to everything, don't you think?
    Have a lovely, sunny weekend
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve it ,its so pretty, far better than putting it all away again :)
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and so much better than being stashed in the wardrobe! M x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a cool child you must've been collecting lace. This looks lovely. I love the little elfy creature with his lantern - brilliant. Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bits and bobs - starting young is a good thing....I think....oh dear...
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you knew what you liked even as a child and didn't just follow the sheep spending your money on tat! Love the bunting, very original and pretty and evocative of your childhood ...


    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...beautifully nostalgic....x

    ReplyDelete

....thank you so much for leaving a comment...i love to hear from you....x